There are two famous sentries on the site: the present-day ‘Grand Phare’ (tall lighthouse) (1854) and the ‘Vielle Tour’ (Old Tower) ordered by Colbert and built in 1682....
155 route du Phare
The first tower built by Vauban is listed as a Historic Monument today.
The present-day lighthouse was inaugurated in 1854. With its 57m it is one of the highest in France: 257 steps to reach the height and spectacular views over the island and ocean.
The lighthouse is 500 m from the paid car park. A free shuttle bus is available to visitors from this car park during the summer period. It allows you to get within 300 metres of the lighthouse entrance and its garden.
Area of museographic presentations on lighthouses and their history at the foot of the old tower.
Sea bookshp - Sea decoration shop - souvenirs - scale models - posters.
Open every day without interruption
January / February / March / October / November / December
From 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
From April 1st to the end of June
From 10am to 7pm
From the end of June to the beginning of September
From 9:30 am to 9:00 pm
From 10am to 6:30 pm
From 01/10 to 31/12/2023
Opening hours daily between 10.30 am and 5.30 pm.