What is La Rochelle Ocean Pass ?
Easy, smart and a good help to make incredible savings! La Rochelle Ocean Pass is a passport that gives you access to more than 40 must-do activities and gives you unlimited access to the city’s public transport system for the chosen duration.
Whether it’s for a weekend, 4 days, or a week’s holiday, La Rochelle Ocean Pass is the ideal and economical solution for a perfect stay. With the 7 days pass, save over 205€.
From Oleron Island to Rochefort, passing by Aix Island, Marais Poitevin, and South Vendée, La Rochelle is at the heart of a dynamic region, whose historical treasures and natural heritage invite you to discover.
La Rochelle Océan Pass is available in three options, adults, teens (from 12 to 17 years old) and kids (from 6 to 11 years old): Pass 48h - Pass 72h - Pass 7 days (click for the prices)
PASS VALUE: 230€ excluding all the discounts that the pass gives you access to
How to use La Rochelle Ocean Pass in 3 steps ?
1. Choose the duration of your Ocean Pass: 48H- 72H- 7 DAYS
2. Download the application on your phone "La Rochelle Ocean Pass" (see instructions here)
3. Present the QR code of your pass at the entrance of each visit site
La Rochelle Ocean Pass, the city pass of La Rochelle is activated the first time it is used on the visit sites or in the transports.
You can buy it before your holiday or give it as a gift! To activate it, simply present the QR code to gain free access to the sites and transport included.
How to use La Rochelle Ocean Pass on public transport ?
With La Rochelle Ocean pass, enjoy unlimited use of public transport in the La Rochelle area: Bus, sea bus, ferry sea, and TER to Aytré, Angoulins, La Jarrie, Chatelaillon...
► CAREFUL! The yellows bikes (Yélo) are not included in the La Rochelle Océan Pass
To access the transport, you must download the mobile application "La Rochelle Ocean Pass"
The procedure (in vidéo) go to the La Rochelle Ocean Pass mobile application, then click on the "my passes" tab, once you have entered your pass number, click on the "I'm taking the bus" insert and show the QR code to the driver.
What to visit with La Rochelle Ocean Pass ?
1 city pass, 20 cities, 40 activities, and unlimited public transport in La Rochelle and its agglomeration !
The city pass allows you to visit the major sites of the maritime city, but also to go further in your discovery of the destination.
In La Rochelle :
- Of your choice: Embark on a cruise to board the legendary Fort Boyard ((+33)0545505554) or for a morning sail on a maxi catamaran ((+33)0546449767) or the La Rochelle- Saint-Martin-de-Ré sea link ((+33)0546505554) or a tour of the bay of La Rochelle on a traditional wooden ship ((+33)0546449767)– Booking required by phone (Open between February and November)
- Visit the emblematic La Rochelle towers.
- Discover the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions of the Museum of Natural History, the Maritime Museum and the New World Museum.
- Enter an authentic World War II Bunker transformed into a museum. (Closed in January)
- Unravel the mysteries of La Rochelle on a guided tour of your choice (among six proposed). ((+33)0546411468) – Booking required
- Get around easily by bus, passeur, and sea bus.
- Enjoy one free hour with a yellow or black roof Yélomobile car - 48 hours validation period
In La Rochelle agglomeration :
- Visit the Castle of Buzay, the epitome of the 18th-century French artistic style. (Open between April and November)
- Of your choice: Enjoy an incredible panorama of the Bay of Aiguillon from the top of the Fortified church of Esnandes or visit the mussel farm museum opposite.
- With your family, dive in the swimming pool and the aquatic centres of the destination (La Rochelle, Périgny, and Chatelaillon).
- Take advantage of unlimited public transport in the area and travel by train TER to Aytré-Plage, Angoulins-sur-Mer, Châtelaillon-Plage, or la Jarrie.
Near Rochefort, Oléron Island and Aix Island :
- Visit the impressive Royal Ropery, a must-see site in Rochefort!
- Take a leap into the history of Aix Island by visiting Fort Liédot ((+33)0546781705) - Booking required (Open between April and November)
- Discover Fort Louvois, a jewel of military architecture, on foot or by boat depending on the tide. (Open between April and November)
- From one bank of the Charente to the other, take the historic Transporter Bridge of Rochefort to cross. (Open between April and November)
- Explore the collections of Hebre Museum to understand the history of the new town of Rochefort founded in the 17th century. (Closed in January)
- The atypical Vauban Fort museum with its numerous stories overlooking the Great Beach of Fouras.
- Discover the secrets of the fortified town of Brouage during a guided tour ((+33)0546851916) – Booking required
- Have a look at The Birds' Swamp in Oléron, where you could immerse yourself in a 10-hectare park.
In the heart of the Marais Poitevin and in South Vendée :
- A river trip of your choice (1 out of 2): Stroll along the canals of the Green Venice, on a traditional boat from the Cardinaud jetty, a group cruise of 1h30. ((+33)0549359047) OR the Bazoin jetty ((+33)0546564128)– Booking required
- House of the Marais Poitevin, where you can get all information about the Green Venise at Coulon.
- Come visit the Niort Dongeon, also called the Castle of Niort.
- Discover the Bernard d'Agesci multidisciplinary museum in Niort.
- Experience life in the swamp at The Dike Supervisor House, the eco-museum in Chaillé-les-Marais. (Open between April and November)
- Explore the Maison de la Meunerie, an authentic mill with the flavours of yesteryear. (Open between April and November)
- Climb the Mélusine Tower and enjoy a 360° of the medieval town of Vouvant. (Open between April and November)
- Come visit The House and Gardens of Georges Clémenceau at Saint Vincent sur Jard.
In Saintes and Saintonge :
- A cruise on the river Charente of your choice (1 out of 2) : The Gabariers' Tour or a river tour ((+33)0546742382)- Booking required - (Open from May to September)
- A guided tour of Saintes of your choice (1 out of 2) : A tour by electric train ((+33)0546961717) OR a guided tour of Saintes ((+33)0546742382)- Booking required - (Open from May to September)
- The Crazannes stone.
And also :
You can also benefit from discounts for the following sites :
- 2€ discount on your entry to the Aquarium La Rochelle
- 15% discount to visit the Lighthouse on the Isle of Ré
- 20% discount at Cognacs Normandin Mercier on the visit "Les secrets du Cognac Normandin-Mercier" in Dompierre-sur-mer
- 20% off on your entry to Vertigo Park in La Jarne
- 20% off on your bike hire at Cycling-Tour à La Rochelle
- 20% off on your segway and scooter rental at Mobilboard à La Rochelle
- 20% off on your canoe or paddle rental with Tex Canöé à La Rochelle.
- 1 ticket bought = 1 ticket offered, i.e. a 50% reduction for two people, at the Cité de l’huître in Marennes
- 20% off on your entry to the Castle of La Roche Courbon in Saint Porchaire
- 20% off on your entry to the Castle de Terre Neuve, a Renaissance jewel in Fontenay-le-Comte.